Although ASG’s plastic granulators were meant to be robust and long lasting, proper maintenance procedures must be followed to prevent long-run maintenance costs. Please keep in mind that improper usage of a granulator is dangerous and may lead to costly repairs not covered via our limited warranty. Below are some maintenance tips for plastic granulators:
- Sharpen and rotate both the rotor and stationary knives ideally on a routine schedule. This ensures maximum granulation efficiency and will reduce stress on the wear and tear of the granulator.
- It is essential to keep foreign, stiff objects such as metals away from the granulator during operation. Oftentimes, overlooked items such as nuts and bolts can potentially damage a plastic granulator.
- Rotate the granulator screen regularly to ensure even wear and tear.
- Always keep an eye on the granulator screen making sure it is not clogged during operation – clogged screens may lead to the backup of material into the cutting chamber causing the rotor to jam. This will lead to the premature wear of the drive belts and in more serious scenarios, a burned out electrical motor and reducer.
- Keep all parts, motors, and bearings oiled.
For additional maintenance tips and questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at anytime.